Folks,

We had a small, but mighty turn out this afternoon at the PWSA meeting.  Lots of great ideas were suggested and  helpful comments were made.   Thanks to those who came and to Prof.  Chester for staying after class to attend.

We decided the following:
1.  It's too late in the year to try and put on a writing contest.
This has been tabled until next semester.
No harm, no foul, but we need the former officers to tell us who they had contacted at the
schools so they can be informed that the contest will not happen until next semester.
Please do the right thing and send an e-mail with this information to either Prof. Chester or Jocelyn Pedersen or simply tuck a note under Prof. Chester's door.

2.  Next meeting will be Wed.,  April 21st at 4:50 p.m.   Room 3050   right after Novel Class
To be discussed:
Elect Temporary Officers who can take over until next semester's official elections
Clarify the roles and tasks for each officer
Come up with a Mission Statement for PWSA
If you're interested in being an officer and can't attend the meeting, let Prof. Chester or me (Jocelyn) know.

3.  Please e-mail Jocelyn at [log in to unmask] with:
Ideas you might have for PWSA
What you would like to see PWSA be or do
How to include folks who want to participate but can't make the meeting time

4.  We talked about list-serv etiquette and how we should reply to
individuals rather than flood inboxes with list-serv notes--which ultimately don't get read.
I'm guilty of this and now that the rules have been clarified, I will respond individually henceforth.
 *Sorry*   <insert blush>
Rule of thumb:  If the message concerns the masses reply on the list-serv.  If not, please reply individually.

I know not everyone can make this meeting time, so e-mail me with questions and I'll try to get answers for you and pass them along.   Meanwhile, until we have an official secretary, I'll keep you posted with minutes from meetings.  We'll organize now and get busy next semester with new ideas and lots of fresh energy.

Thanks and Write On!

--Jocelyn