Anita Fleming-Rife     BE WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND.

--- On Tue, 6/8/10, Anita Fleming-Rife <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Anita Fleming-Rife <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: AEJMC: Obama's Promised "Change" Lacks Transparency
To: [log in to unmask], "Jannette L.Dates" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 10:14 AM

       Thanks for the background on the president's advisory council. I am in agreement with you Dwight, why some issues over others.  Add to your list of issues--one that I believe is clearly more relevant to
 AEJMC--the forced retirement of Helen Thomas.  We can also add to that list Arizona's senate bill 1070, which the governor has just signed into law. It prohibits teaching ethnic studies courses in schools that receive state funds.       I also agree with you Jan that maybe we should "re-evaluate the system for having the president and
 her/his advisors make statements attributable to the entire organization."

Anita Fleming-Rife     BE WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND.

--- On Tue, 6/8/10, Dates, Jannette L.