PUB: call for proposals-African Studies, AFS Program, UNCG<http://kalamu.posterous.com/pub-call-for-proposalsafrican-studies-afs-pro>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CB019E.C3FDC5C0]
UNCG's 21st Annual Conference on African American Culture and Experience (CACE)
UNCG, Elliot University Center (EUC)
Hosted by the African American Studies Program
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
October 14-16, 2010

Theme: Exploring Black Masculinities Across Multiple Landscapes: A Global Perspective
In the spirit of the theme, we invite participants to share their scholarly, literary, and/or artistic expressions in any one or more of the following formats: Individual Paper, Poster, and Panels.
Topics may include, but are not limited to the following:
*         Theorized black masculinities
*         Multi-racial/multi-ethnic black masculinities
*         Black masculinities across the Global Diaspora
*         Comic & Fictional black masculinities
*         Queer, Feminist, and/or Feminized Black masculinities
*         Black masculinities and politics
*         Black masculinities and the Public Sphere
*         Popular Culture and black masculinities
*         Black masculinity and Education
*         Historical elements of black masculinity
*         Black masculinity and performance
*         Black masculinity and religion/spirituality
*         Black men and families/relationships
*         Black masculinity and music
Send proposed abstracts (100 words) in Word or RTF to [log in to unmask]<http://www.uncg.edu/afs/cace/index.html/mailto:[log in to unmask]> no later than August 13, 2010. Panel proposals are highly encouraged. Student panels are welcomed. Send inquiries to [log in to unmask]<http://www.uncg.edu/afs/cace/index.html/mailto:[log in to unmask]>. For more information and registration, visit www.uncg.edu/afs<http://www.uncg.edu/afs/cace/index.html/www.uncg.edu/afs>.
Papers will be considered for inclusion in the new Journal of Black Masculinity<http://libjournal.uncg.edu/ojs/index.php/JBM>.

Know Justice, Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor of Communication
National Media Weight Discrimination Expert
AEJMC MAC Divison Membership Chair
ASU Faculty/Staff Alliance - AFT/AFL-CIO, Co VP for Faculty
Alabama State University
915 South Jackson St.
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
Thanks in advance for your research and creative activity referrals: www.loveyourbodyloveyourself.vox.com

With all my heart I want fulfilling work, for abundant pay, in a beautiful, functional environment, working with and for only talented, loving, cooperative, generous people who appreciate and respect me and I they. Ashe!