Hi again Dee,

Thanks for taking time to respond ... you prompted me to start thinking
about the things that weren't there (from your taxonomy): Integrating,
Caring, and Foundational knowledge.

It seems to me that there are possibly skills that we need to address in
those categories. For example, in the foundational knowledge I suspect that
many students struggle with finding effective ways to understand and
remember the ideas to which they are exposed. i wonder if, for many
students, the rate of knowledge acquisition they are meant to achieve comes
as a 'shock to the system'. We probably could do something about that---even
if it is something as basic effective note-taking and how to read (and find)
a scholarly article.

I can see how we might assist students develop skills around Caring, but I'm
struggling to see how one might develop skills in Integration. No doubt the
answer is that I need to read more of your work :)

I still worry that I have been somewhat myopic in the skills list developed
thus far. Of course it's contingent on our New Zealand context, but I still
hope that others might proffer some suggests.

Kind regards

Peter Smith

Department of Management and International Business
The University of Auckland Business School, Private Bag 92019, AUCKLAND
Email: [log in to unmask], Phone: +64 9 923 7178