Professor of Communication
ASU FSA/AFT Co-VP for Faculty
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
Alabama State University
915 S. Jackson St.
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
(334) 229-6885
www.loveyourbodyloveyourself.vox.com
Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.
With all my heart I want to work with and for kind, competant, strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!

Subject: Deadline for API Fall/Winter fellowships 2010 seminars: Monday, August 2

Monday, Aug. 2, is the deadline for fellowship applications<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/49/0/> for American Press Institute  Fall/Winter 2010 seminars from newspaper employees and college-level journalism educations from the United States and Canada.

Complete details - including an online application -- are available at:

www.americanpressinstitute.org/fellowships<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/49/0/>

Applicants can select one of the following seminars, five of which will be staged at the Kellogg West Conference Center and Lodge in Pomona, California:

 *   "Beyond the Newsroom<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/325/0/>"
Sept. 13-14, 2010 (Kellogg West)
 *   "New Revenue Models That Work!"<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/326/0/>
Sept. 13-14, 2010 (Kellogg West)
 *   "Maximizing Sales Force Effectiveness<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/368/0/>"
Sept. 15-16, 2010 (Kellogg West)
 *   "The Next Generation of Media Managers<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/370/0/>"
Sept. 15-16, 2010 (Kellogg West)
 *   "8 Steps to Profitable New Products<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/373/0/>"
Sept. 17, 2010 (Kellogg West)
 *   "Value Optimized Pricing<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/324/0/>"
 Sept. 20-21, 2010 (API, Reston, Virginia)
 *   "Digital Delivery<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/377/0/>"
 Nov. 8-9, 2010 (API, Reston, Virginia)

API fellowships for newspaper employees include:

 *   The Malcolm F. Mallette Fellowship, which honors a former executive director of API. It provides tuition, hotel, group meals and a small travel stipend for an editor of a newspaper with daily circulation under 50,000.
 *   The William L. Winter Fellowship, which honors a former executive director/president of API. It provides tuition, hotel, group meals and a small travel stipend for a newspaper executive who desires to enhance his/her leadership abilities.

API fellowships for college-level journalism educators include:

 *   The James H. Ottaway Fellowship, which honors the late chairman of Ottaway Newspapers Inc. and member of the API Board of Directors. It covers tuition, hotel, group meals and a small travel stipend.
 *   The Rollan D. Melton Fellowship, which honors the late Reno Gazette-Journal columnist, president of Speidel Newspapers and API Board member. It is open to college-level journalism educators who are members of a recognized minority group, and covers tuition, hotel, group meals and a small travel stipend.
 *   The Minority Journalism Educators Fellowship, which is open to college-level journalism educators who are members of a recognized minority group, and covers tuition, hotel, group meals and a small travel stipend.

Applicants need to e-mail an application, a supporting letter of documentation from their supervisor or academic department chair, and a copy of their resume/curriculum vitae.

Materials should be e-mailed to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

 [http://s.twimg.com/a/1262728281/images/business/follow/follow_twitter_button_d.png] <http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/328/0/>
Fan us on Facebook!<http://lists.americanpressinstitute.org/t/52149/1176598/329/0/>

 If you'd rather not receive information on upcoming events at API, please click on the link below and you will be removed from all future mailings.