http://owp.ou.edu

From: Hendrix, Katherine [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 6:15 PM
To: Hendrix, Katherine
Cc: Tanya Baker

Greetings NWP Site Director:

My name is Kat Hendrix, and I work with the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, a 501(c)(3) social profit organization that presents The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.  The Awards are a national recognition program for teenagers in grades 7 – 12 and serve to identify the most creative, original and innovative teens in the country and provide them with opportunities for recognition, exhibition, publication and scholarships.

The Alliance works deeply with Writing Project sites across the country to expand opportunities for young writers to be recognized for their talent through The Scholastic Writing Awards.  Because of our valued work with NWP, we would like to invite you to help us celebrate the recently released Best Teen Writing of 2010, a student-edited anthology of this year’s national Scholastic Award-winning Medalists.

The Launch Party will take place in Orlando at the site of the NCTE conference on Saturday, November 20, 2010 from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m., immediately following the MR Robinson dinner, sponsored by Scholastic, Inc.  Each of you should have received an invitation in the mail for the MR Robinson dinner (even if you are not an NCTE member).  If you would like to attend the MR Robinson Dinner, please fill out and mail the RSVP card as soon as possible.  To RSVP for the Launch Party, please email me by Monday, November 15.  Details below:

MR Robinson Dinner (sponsored by Scholastic, Inc.)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Coronado Springs Resort, Ballroom H/J

Cocktails at 5:45, Dinner at 6:15

Best Teen Writing of 2010 Launch Party! (sponsored by the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

8:00 – 10:00 p.m., immediately following the MR Robinson dinner

Coronado Springs Resort, Monterey 1-3 & Patio

As an additional note, each of you will receive 24 FREE copies of The Best Teen Writing of 2010 delivered to your site in the next couple of weeks.  Free copies of the book will also be distributed at the Annual Meeting.

So, please join us in celebrating these outstanding student writers – we hope to see you there!  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Kat Hendrix

Senior Manager, Affiliate Network & Partnerships

Alliance for Young Artists & Writers

The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards

557 Broadway

New York, NY  10012

212.343.7774

www.artandwriting.org

The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers presents The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards: Celebrating 87 years as the most prestigious recognition and scholarship program for teenage artists and writers in the U.S.