PWSA:

Creativity Surge class is open to undergraduate and graduate students!   Contact Kelly if you want to enroll (see below).   Come earn one credit hour while participating in this fun workshop/class.

--Jocelyn

Prof. Blevins sent this description of the class to whet your appetites!

This class will give you a new set of tools to help you engage your creativity, break down barriers and get your words on paper.

Through writing in class, break-out sessions, delving into the language of dreams, and learning the fundamentals of brainstorming you’ll acquire a new set of skills to tap into the writer within.  In a non-judgmental and playful atmosphere, we’ll also work together to erase negative self-talk.

We’ll learn to keep and use story files, photos and index cards to capture your creative bursts wherever and whenever they happen.  We’ll talk about how to put those fragments together to create a book or screenplay.  We’ll write quick stories in class and experiment with the number of ways, and times, that a story can turn.  We’ll use our imaginations to create various scenarios posited by your instructors.  We’ll share our stories, and learn to create spontaneous dialog.  No over-thinking!

What five things would you take to an uninhibited world?  Let’s brainstorm and see what kinds of world we’d each create.  One thing is certain, the tools you’ll learn in this class would be one thing you’d want to carry with you into the great unknown.  Certainly, you’d want to write a best-seller or a series of terrific articles about your experience when you returned to earth. (If you decided to return…)

Wear comfy clothes and bring a spiral notebook.  Come join us, and staring at a blank page will become a thing of the past!

Students,

Due to the snow, the new dates for this class will be March 25, 26, & 27 in the Grad/IRT conference room (this is the conference room right by my office).  The meeting times are:  Friday from 6-9 p.m., Saturday from 9-12:30 & 1-5, Sunday 1-5 p.m..

Please let me know if you are interested in enrolling.

Thanks,
Kelly Storm, MHR
Graduate Advisor
Assistant to Associate Dean
University of Oklahoma
Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication
405-325-2722