All,

I've added the Listserv to this Professional Writing Student Association e-mail list so
 alums using listserv can get PWSA news and stay involved in our projects. All alums are welcome to attend meetings!

Please reply to have your e-mail address changed or removed from my list.

Next
 meeting: The next PWSA meeting will be Wednesday, April 20 at 5:00-6:00pm in Gaylord room 3150 or 3160. Please look for

Funding: We missed the deadline for primary funding from UOSA. It wasn't in late March, but rather in February, before we updated the officer information with Student Life and got our new officers in place. This is also our first year we qualify, so there's a lot to learn. The good news is, there are other ways to get funding. Subsidiary funding and emergency funding is available at the beginning of next semester. Hopefully dues next semester will be very low, just to last until then.

Member of the Year / OWFI: In a few minutes you will all receive an e-mail with a ballot. It has listed all the members who have received "student of the month" awards or who
 otherwise have been nominated for contributions to PWSA. Please print this ballot, circle your response, and take it to Professor Chester in Gaylord 3510D by APRIL 18. The results will be announced on the next meeting. This winning member will be sent to the OWFI convention free (courtesy of the dean).

Soon Helen will create a facebook event for the OWFI convention. Any students who are registered and would like to go as a group, please RSVP.

Fliers: If you are able to help hang fliers for next meeting, please contact Jen E. ([log in to unmask]) and make sure you're on her list so she can tell you when the fliers are ready and where they are. Thanks to Jelani for helping with this last round!

Pizza and Drinks: Remember, before every meeting, please meet just in front of
 Gaylord by the south oval entrance (4:45pm) and help carry the treats from Cynthia's car upstairs so she can park in peace.

E-mail address: If [log in to unmask] isn't retrieved in the next couple days, we're going to apply for a new e-mail address ([log in to unmask]). I have the form ready to fax. Once we have this e-mail address, we can make our t-shirts, buttons, pens and more ready for order!

Brags: Mike King has published his novella and short story on Kindle. They are available at http://www.amazon.com/Casco-Bay-Crooks-ebook/dp/B004UWPFKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1301970306&sr=8-1 and http://www.amazon.com/The-Brownsville-Boys-ebook/dp/B004UVQR52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=merchant-items&qid=1301970360&sr=1-1. He was also the student of the month for April because of his work with the audio clips, his help carrying pizza upstairs, and other helpful contributions to PWSA.

Book Club: Mel and students are putting together a reading group to keep us going during the summer. The first book will be Hold Me Close, Necromancer by Lish McBride. Join the facebook discussion group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2241515556&v=app_2373072738#!/topic.php?uid=2241515556&topic=15880. Dates have not been released yet.

Audio Clips: Contact Jaimie Krycho if you would like to be added to the list of people who are working on creating audio clips of the author interviews.

SoonerCon: Like Syfy and more? Information about SoonerCon is here. It's June 3rd-5th in OKC.

Book Drive: Sending books to young adults will resume in the fall.

World Horror Convention: Contact Jelani if you'd like to carpool with him, Mike and Mel to the World Horror Convention. Information and registration is at http://whc2011.org.

Anthology: The anthology, Spellbound, is in its final stages. As soon as we figure out a few things having to do with income tax, we'll be set. Information will be sent in e-mails, posted on facebook, put in Gaylord Extra, and on fliers as soon as we have it. There will be an ebook version and paperbacks available on Amazon.

I'll see you April 20th at 5:00!

-Katharine
PWSA President