It looks like a Strategic lawsuit against public participation
(SLAPP).  The intent behind a SLAPP is to
censor, intimidate and silence groups. It is exactly what the so called radical
media company is doing. The injunction letter is clear: the radical media
conference ought to stop using their name for 1) intellectual property reasons and
2) possible damage to their reputation. The threat of a law suit has
unfortunately forced the group to change their names.

One of the answers is
to SLAPP back with a major information campaign... which also might lead to a
law suit.

There are a few examples of groups throughout the world that
have been subjected to SLAPPs and that are in or have been in long and painful
law suits. In Québec, the best
exemple is Barrick Gold vs Les Éditions Écosociétés, Noire Canada et les auteurs.
As a result of massive public rage against this lawsuit, the Quebec’s Code
of civil procedure has been amended to prevent the abusive use of tribunals and
respect for freedom of expression and public participation in public debate.
Though not a total victory, it’s a step in the right direction.
Sophie