On 5/13, at 8:47 AM, David Skinner wrote:

> Yes, it does seem quite ridiculous that the term could be co-opted in
> this manner. As suggested in the blog, we should be sure to at least
> write the people at the company to tell them of our concerns/outrage.
> Does anyone have other suggestions for action?
>
> David

	There must be an organization such as EFF that would offer pro bono legal service to fight this in court.

	The Radical Media conference organizers caved *way* too quickly on the basis of a single C & D letter.

	Attracting (cough) media attention to the issue, and basically raising a stink about it, seems a no-brainer.

	When people and organizations defer to flimsy corporate intellectual "property" claims, the terrorists win …

John

  CounterCorp: Putting An End to Business as Usual
  6th Annual Anti-Corporate Film Festival, May 19-21
  Victoria Theater,16th St @ Mission, San Francisco
			www.countercorp.org

Subscribe to CounterCorp's News and Events e-mail list

Follow the breaking news about CounterCorp on Twitter

For an inside look at corporate power, influence, culture,
and crime, check out our new Corporation Watch blog

Support your local indie bookseller *and* CounterCorp by
getting your anti-corporate books in our virtual bookstore

Donate to CounterCorp online through the secure PayPal
account of our fiscal agent, Independent Arts and Media

		2017 Mission Street, 2nd Floor
		San Francisco, CA 94110 USA