For any of you wanting to network a bit, or gain different feedback than what you've been getting in class, SoonerCon will be this June, 3rd, 4th, 5th at the downtown Sheraton in Oklahoma City.  The guest of honor will be novelist Tim Powers.

DC

Begin forwarded message:

From: Leonard Bishop <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: May 2, 2011 11:07:24 AM CDT
To: debbie chester <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, jeff provine <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, jeff provine <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: writers workshop at SoonerCon

Greetings,

I wanted to let you know, we have set up a small writers workshop at SoonerCon this year. I know it's late in the year, but final details have just come together. It will be run by Lynn Abbey, NYT bestseller and co-creator of the Shared Universe worldsystem first seen in the Thieves World collections. There will be two sessions for participants; a one on one with Ms. Abbey on friday, and a roundtable with all participants on saturday. This is for writers who feel they are ready for publication. Cost of the workshop is 40.00; a convention membership is also required. That's currently 35.00 for an online pre-reg, but I can probably arrange a discount on that, if you have a student, or students, who are interested. Please have them contact me directly, via email or my cell; 405-595-7147. Hope some of your students will be interested! We'll be better organized at this next year; new hotel, and adding the workshop, are creating a bit of a learning curve all over again for us. Still, I'm thinking it is gonna be a good event, and lots of fun all around.

All Best,

Leonard Bishop

"I feel sullied, and confused."
Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates II; Dead Man's Chest"

Deborah Chester
John Crain Presidential Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
395 W. Lindsey Street
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4192