Dee,

About 10 years ago, I taught a segment on emotional intelligence in a
critical thinking course for nontraditional undergraduate students at
University of Denver.  At that time, I used a free online multiple-choice
emotional intelligence test developed by Daniel Goleman.  A couple of years
ago, I looked for that test and could no longer find it.  But there are a
number of emotional intelligence tests available, mostly for a fee.  I do
not know the quality of the various tests.

When I taught the segment on emotional intelligence, I was able to link
higher levels of emotional intelligence (based on the multiple choice test)
to higher levels of intellectual reasoning/critical thinking.  In other
words, higher emotional intelligence seemed to correspond to the application
of more complex critical thinking to problems involving self-regulation and
interaction with others.  (I look at ethical reasoning in the same manner.)
But I am not an expert on these topics, so my interpretation might be
ill-founded!

Susan

Susan K. Wolcott, PhD, CPA, CMA

Thought Leader, CA School of Business