Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser in OKC will help fight Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)

“Let us put on our boxing gloves and enter the ring for the fight of our lives.  Our opponent is Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)” announced the PKD Foundation.  In order to raise funds for medical research seeking to find a cure and/or treatments for this potentially deadly kidney disease, the Oklahoma PKD Chapter is having an Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser on Saturday morning.
The public is invited to join the Oklahoma PKD Chapter for pancakes on Saturday, August 27th from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.  at Applebee’s, located at 6020 S.W. 3rd Street in Oklahoma City.  The cost is $7.00 per person.  Anyone who loves pancakes is invited to attend this fundraiser to benefit the PKD Foundation as it fights to end Polycystic Kidney Disease.
 PKD is an incurable kidney disease passed from a parent to a child that can lead to kidney failure.  There is no cure or treatments for this potentially deadly disease affecting an estimated one in 500 people.  PKD can cause a variety of health problems including high blood pressure, urinary tract infections, kidney stones, heart attack, stroke, brain aneurism, and also kidney failure that can lead to dialysis or an organ transplant.
Join the fight to end PKD by taking part in Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser Saturday morning 8:00-10:00 a.m. at the Applebee’s located at 6020 SW 3rd in Oklahoma City. For more information about this fundraiser or PKD you may contact Anna Patterson at (405) 602-4906 or Elise Solloway at (580) 256-5386.