CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – Paper Tiger TV’s 30th Anniversary Publication & Survey

Fill out the survey to enter the drawing for a gift certificate to Powell's Books – deadline Oct. 16, 2011

In 1981 a group of artists, activists and scholars pioneered Paper Tiger TV, a feisty public access show that engaged in thoughtful, highly inventive media criticism
by challenging both the form and content of broadcast television. Over time, Paper Tiger developed a flexible collective structure allowing it to thrive on the energy
and ideas of new members and participate in collaborations throughout the US and the world.

An astonishing range of people and organizations have co-created with Paper Tiger TV including: Howard Zinn, Flo Kennedy, Richie Perez, Shu Lea Cheang, Donna Harraway,
Martha Rosler, Rashid Khalidi, David Harvey, Safiya Bukhari, Herb Schiller, Thulani Davis, Conrad Lynn, Super Barrio, the United Mine Workers, FIERCE! and the Right to the City Alliance, to name just a few.

Please celebrate our birthday with us by sharing your reflections on radical and community media practice by taking the TIGER
SURVEY and contributing to the TIGER ZINE-READER we are publishing to accompany upcoming exhibits and workshops.
We're exploring various themes including: Radical media, collective media practices, media justice & approaches to media literacy.

Deadline for TIGER SURVEY is Oct. 16th
Put this in your browser if you have trouble with
the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF9Ed2xfMXBQUk5ISUFHZUlXOWhaVWc6MQ#gid=0

Deadlines for publication contributions:
Oct. 6: Let us know by this date if you intend on contributing
Oct. 21: Materials for printed version of publication due
Dec. 21: Materials for on-line downloadable version due

•  New and/or reprinted articles on radical media practice, media literacy, Paper Tiger, collectives – including your work!
•  Interviews / profiles of contemporary practitioners & projects
•  Profiles / interviews of people / projects that were active in 80's-00's
•  Recipes for radical media intervention
•  Remedies for communications technology overload
•  Lesson plans for teaching radical media (theory &/or practice) + media literacy
•  Case studies of media collectives & media activism
•  Images, drawings, flyers, posters
•  Valentines to Paper Tiger
•  Stencils, tattoo designs
•  Tributes to radical media pioneers