Thank you again to all who attended PWSA OU's first meeting of of Fall/2011.  It was a great success!

We accomplished a great deal in a small amount of time and still had FUN!

Thank you to Professor Deborah Chester for presiding and keeping us on track.

Our former PWSA President, Katharine, who was excellent at all of the details, was unable to continue her term, unfortunately.  Our Vice-President, Jen Elsner, was unable to move into the Presidential capacity at this time.  Cynthia Hines, (me) the treasurer, (and official pizza-fetcher) offered to move into the President's spot.  We have a great group of people who offered to pitch in and help balance the responsibilities, which can tend toward the endless.  Secretary, Tammy Boyd, will remain in that position.  (Thank you!)

Amber Hodge moved into the Treasurer (Official Pizza-Fetcher) role.  THANK YOU!

Mike King moved into the role of Web Master.  Thank you!  (Thank you, also to DJ for all the amazing previous work.)
Mike will be getting the Web site up and running again asap.

Also, Helen Grant will continue in her capacity as Social Media Officer.  Thank you, Helen!

Elie Bowen volunteered to make copies of the meeting announcement fliers.
Shelby Stillwell volunteered to post the fliers on the first floor of Gaylord.
Tammy Boyd volunteered to post the fliers on the second floor.
Dana Henderson volunteered to post the fliers on the third floor.
THANK YOU!

Jen Elsner told us that PWSA logo items can be purchased at cafepress.com.

Jocelyn Pedersen will be investigating how PWSA will be getting a tax ID number, in order to get the Fantasy Anthology published.
Thank you!

Professor Chester will continue with a myriad of details.
Thank you!

More info will follow about the PWSA-OU Chapter Facebook page.  We have currently been using an events page.

FUN!  FUN!  FUN!

We spent a little time being writers!  Imagine that!  That is the goal ~~ to spend just a small amount of time on business and to spend the greatest portion of time on what we love ~~ WRITING!

We wrote Haiku about returning to fall classes.

Some were quite poetic, some were hilarious, some were brilliant and ALL fit the 5-7-5 criteria (with just a SPRINKLING of nature!) (Well, sort of.)   ;^)

They will be posted on Facebook, as soon as we can get that page up and running again.

If there is anything else of importance that I missed, please do not hesitate to let me know.  (Whew!)

Oh!  There is!  Thank you to Jocelyn for making the incredible brownies and to Jen for bringing the soda and to the official pizza-fetchers for this meeting (Jocelyn and Cynthia) for the pizza!

Thank you again to everyone who made the effort to attend.

Next meeting is Thursday, September 15 at 5:45 p.m. in the same place ~~ 3150 or 3160 in Gaylord.

There WILL BE FOOD!

See you then,

Cynthia