A year ago as part of the European project EUWORA five radios in Austria, Spain and Germany worked on the history of women in community radio. Through participatory research a team of women from Radio Orange (Vienna), Radio Vallekas, Radio Enlace and Desencadena Usera (Madrid) and Radio Dreyeckland (Freiburg) worked together and designed an exhibition held at the headquarters of Radio Orange the 21st of October 2010, with an art installation and performances in an interactive tour and a marathon 24-hour radio in English, Spanish and German. That day we all agreed that this date could be our date of visibilizing feminist contents in radio.

A year later, in Madrid we want to continue in this spirit organizing a Radio Festival from Radio Vallekas where a gender and communication project has been working for 11 years “Nosotras en el Mundo”, and now with the direct management of our own women association.

So, to celebrate it we will:

Run a 24-hour Radio Marathon October 21st from 00:00 till 24:00h. We will be broadcasting through 107.5 FM Radio Vallekas, in Madrid but it can be listen also at www.radiovallekas.org as well as www.rednosotrasenelmundo.org

YOU PUT THE VOICE:  This marathon will issue with all the contributions that you send to us until October 20th. Technical details:
- Audio mp3
-
Maximum duration: 30 minutes
- Contents that address any of the feminist, queer
, masculinities, women ...
And in any language (if not in spanish
, send a summary in English)

You can e-mail- short audios to us (max. 5 minutes) and the longest by the server:https://www.wetransfer.com

Send all the information: [log in to unmask]

v      RADIO FESTIVAL: Radio Vallekas will be open doors in a festive way celebrating the 21st of OCTOBER. From 10 am until midnigth you can come and participate in gastronomic, musical activities and live radio.

During the live programming we will have special guests in our studio: Daniela García from Red Nosotras en el Mundo (Cordoba, Argentina); Helga Schwarzwald from Radio Orange (Viena, Austria); Tiziana Musto and Marta Zoli from Onda Rossa (Rome. Italy) and many others from the women movement in Latin America an Europe.

The italian DJ Laura Schettino will be musicalizing the journey.

v    OCTOBER 22nd: PRESENTATION OF RED NOSOTRAS EN EL MUNDO Latin America and Europe.

Red Nosotras en el Mundo is a latin american-european network radio project which links the voices of LGTTB women and feminists. It currently has three communication and gender centers: Madrid, Cordoba (Argentina) and now in San Salvador (El Salvador). We want you to know this collective tool of in which we’ve been working since 2005: www.rednosotrasenelmundo.org

The presentation will be held in the headquartes of “Diagonal” newspaper, Fe 10, Lavapies, Madrid at 19 hrs with:

-Daniela García ++ Centro Red Nosotras de Cordoba, Argentina

-Lucía R. Oliveras and Susana Albarrán ++ Centro Red Nosotras en Madrid

-Helga Schwarzwald ++Radio Orange-Viena

-Tiziana Musto and Marta Zoli ++ Onda Rossa, Roma

More information: [log in to unmask]