Subject: FAIR Seeks Columnists on Media & Race, Gender Bias

FAIR Seeks Columnists on Media and Race, Gender Bias

10/31/11

The national media watch group FAIR is looking for two strong writers with distinctive voices to write regular bimonthly columns for our magazine Extra! <http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CioWtSVye9COZbOtCAF%2B19dqKzOr8%2BT%2F>
 and for our website <http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fONmXneK6LWbAcOR0or3V9LewdvaV%2FaI>
. One column would be on issues relating primarily to media and gender; the other column would primarily concern media and race.

We're seeking well-documented, fact-based media criticism, focusing on but not necessarily limited to U.S. corporate news coverage. An understanding of the ways that racism, sexism and class bias interact in media is a must. Ability to promote one's work via social media a plus.

Yearly pay for each column will be $2,400. Women, people of color, LGBT people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter, clips and sample column ideas to Jim Naureckas and Julie Hollar at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] by November 22.