________________________________

From: Bayaa, Dalia N.
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:06 PM
To: Hines, Cynthia L.
Subject: Spoken Word

Hi Cynthia,

My name is Dalia Bayaa, and I am the president of a student organization called Sooners for Peace in Palestine. Next week, we are hosting a spoken word workshop with poet Remi Kanazi. It will be on Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM in Bartlett Room.

Here is a general description of what the workshop will entail:
--An introduction to spoken word
--Warm up exercises
--Writing exercises
--Discussion

Remi Kanazi is a poet, writer, and activist from New York City. His comments about political issues have been featured in news channels throughout the world, including Al Jazeera English, GRITtv with Laura Flanders, and BBC Radio. His main political interests are Palestine, BDS, and human rights issues.

For more information about Remi Kanazi, check out his site:http://www.poeticinjustice.net/.

Also, here is a link to one his videos on YouTube: http://youtu.be/bZJ4bWfPa1k.

We are looking for about 12 to 20 people to do the workshop. If you could please forward this to members of your organization that would be great. You do not have to be a student to participate in the workshop. If a student is interested, please note that it is a school day, so he/she needs to be sure that they can attend the event.

You must RSVP to the event by contacting me at my email address: [log in to unmask]

Please let me know if you can forward this! I would really appreciate it. Also, if you have any other questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you!

Best,
Dalia Bayaa
President
Sooners for Peace in Palestine