[Sorry if this is posting more than once — earlier messages don't register as sent on my email program]

=========
The Community Media Forum Europe is meeting in Nicosia, Cyprus this week
for its first conference and general assembly. Below is info related to
the conference and the organization.

For information here's the CMFE conference site:
http://www.cmfe.eu/conference2011
Sessions will be streamed and blogged during the conference: Nov 17-19.

cheers,
John Higgins
--
john w. higgins, phd
san francisco usa

========
CMFE 2011 Conference: updated programme/abstracts and information pack

Dear All,
the 1st CMFE Conference and General Assembly will take place in Nicosia
in 10 days time, marking the first major event organized directly by
CMFE with the the support of the 'Europe for Citizens' programme,
co-organised and hosted by the Cyprus Community Media Centre (CCMC),
with the organizational support of the World Association of Community
Radio broadcasters (AMARC) and International Media Support (IMS) for the
Community Media and the Arab Spring panel.

The event is now glad to welcome new supporters for the initiative:
apart from European Union under the 'Europe for Citizens Programme
2011', European Commission Representation in Cyprus and the United
Nations Development Programme, Action for Cooperation and Trust in
Cyprus (UNDP-ACT), we have the pleasure to add the Goethe Institute in
Nicosia, Cyprus, the World Association of Community Radio broadcasters
(AMARC) and International Media Support (IMS) who will respectively
provide another venue for the conference in the Buffer zone and
financial support for the Community Media and the Arab Spring panel.

It has been a year of tremendous growth for CMFE, that now counts a
total of 90 members from 23 European countries: 39 Individual Members
and 51 Organizational Members, of which 25 are (National) Federations.
Among its affiliate members it counts also individuals and organisations
from Africa, Asia and North America.

The Nicosia conference will be one of the key community media events of
this year in Europe, expected to bring together over 100 conference
participants from all over Europe and include members from North America
and a special plenary on Community Media and Arab Spring, organized by
World Association of Community Radio broadcasters (AMARC) in
collaboration with CMFE, and support of IMS and the Europe for Citizens
Programme (EACEA) that will bring together key activists from the Middle
East and North Africa.

Five plenary session will include 24 contributions, where parallel
sessions and workshops are expected to deliver a further 43
contributions. Representatives from the media regulatory authorities
from Albania, the Czech Republic, Cyprus and United Kingdom will be
participating to the conference, as well as key representatives from
civil society in Cyprus, UNDP, UNAMA, AMARC Europe and AMARC International.

In this occasion CMFE will be convening its 2011 ordinary General
Assembly on 17 November 2011 at 10.00am at the Home for Cooperation
Conference Room, Home for Cooperation, located at the Ledra Palace
Grounds in the UN Buffer Zone of Nicosia, Cyprus. A number of important
items will be discussed and, importantly, the election of the new Board
of Directors for the term 2011-2014 will take place then. A separate
mailing will be sent to members then.

Updated programme and book of abstracts
Please that we have now published a revised programme and book of
abstracts. There have been a few changes in the programme, so please
make sure check the time of your presentation in this latest version.
You can find the new versions on our website at www.cmfe.eu
Please note that we will provide only the printed version of the
conference programme in the conference folder.
The book of abstracts will be release in electronic version on this
website only. A few reference copies will be available for consultation
at the information/registration desks.

Bring your flyers!
We invite you to bring flyers, posters, postcards and are printed
material of your community radio, tv or community media projects,
campaigns, as well promotional material of your publications to the
conference. We will have space available for this on the conference
desks and make these available to share with the rest of the conference
participants.
Please feel free to send electronic versions of this material to
[log in to unmask] by 14 November 2011 as we might be able to print a few
copies also on location.
In case of files over 3MB, please make these available via a weblink and
do not send them in attach as this might cause problem with our mail system.

Please feel free to get in touch for any further information you may need.

Looking forward to welcome all of you in Nicosia in 10 days time!

Best Regards,

Salvatore Scifo
on behalf of the 2011 CMFE Conference Committee