You know, Sanda Effinger is teaching in Europe right now...I THOUGHT in Germany, tho...what an awesome story...

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Angelotti, Michael <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks for the send. Cool, indeed. Mike

On 4/17/12 12:28 PM, "Griffith, Priscilla L." <[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I just received this message from Mikely Williams, one of our OWP TCs living in Europe.  Mikela and I attended the 2004 ISI together.

We just celebrated our two year anniversary of living in Europe. We have been blessed with so many opportunities over the past two years. The reason I am writing is to tell you about an interesting event that happened to me and that is related to OWP. I don't know if you are aware or not, but I have spent the last four years staying home with my little boy. He recently started going full time to an International School in the Netherlands. It is an amazing school academically and otherwise. Since Kaden is in school full time I have started back by substitute teaching. The other day I substituted for one of the high school English teachers. She was so impressed with the job that I did that she has requested me to be her sub while she has to be gone for a few weeks. Anyway, I think what really sealed the deal was when she asked me where I was from and I told her Oklahoma. She asked if I had ever been involved with OWP or NWP and of course I was very proud to tell her that I was indeed a TC and an attendee. That actually made her feel more confident about the job that I would do. I was absolutely floored that someone all the way in Brunssum, Netherlands would not only know about the NWP, but also the OWP and be impressed that I was part of it. I guess there is no end to the connections made in OWP. Hope all is well with you and the dogs. I will be back a year from this August..  I look forward to seeing you all again.

Sincerely,
Mikela Williams

Priscilla L. Griffith
Ruth G. Hardman Chair in Education
Director of the Oklahoma Writing Project
The University of Oklahoma/The Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
338 Cate Center Drive, Room 190
Norman, Ok 73019
TEL 405-325-3534
FAX 405-325-7841
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://education.ou.edu/hardman/ <http://education.ou.edu/hardman/>
http://owp.ou.edu <http://owp.ou.edu/>

--
Claudia Swisher
Norman North High School

"The great words of teaching are the one-syllable ones: read, write, teach, learn, work, skill, care, help, hope, trust, faith, love. And the greatest of these, of course, is love." ~ Susan Ohanian, ONE SIZE FITS FEW