Folks,
Peter Beagle is AWESOME. Here's your chance. Jump for it!

DC

Begin forwarded message:

From: Leonard Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date: April 22, 2012 11:09:53 AM CDT
To: debbie chester <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Lou Hoo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fw: writing workshop at SoonerCon

Dear Debbie,

I am writing to you asking for a bit of help, communication-wise. I know you teach writing, and was hoping you could share this around. This year at SoonerCon (June 15-17) we have a two day writers workshop. Our clinician this year is World Fantasy Award winner Peter Beagle ("The Last Unicorn"; "The Handmaiden's Tale"). Participants submit an advance manuscript, up to 5000 words, and get two sessions with Peter; a one on one, and a group talk. Peter's business agent will also speak to that aspect of the business during the group session. For folks breaking into writing, it's a great opportunity to work with one of the finest in the business. Cost of the workshop is $35; that does not include a convention membership. Both workshop and convention memberships are available through the convention website, www.soonercon.com

If someone's interested, they can write to me, or to on-site co-ordinator Cyndi Hagood (CC'd on this message). Membership is very limited (max 8 participants) and will sell out, so I hope some of your students will take advantage of this opportunity. Thanks so much, and see you at the con!

Leonard Bishop
Executive Director, SoonerCon 21

"I feel sullied, and confused."
Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates II; Dead Man's Chest"

Deborah Chester
John Crain Presidential Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
395 W. Lindsey Street
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4192