Dear MAC members,

I'm on the Diversity Task Force with AEJMC, and I am putting together a panel for a pre-conference workshop.
I was interested to know if any MAC members would like to be on this panel?
If so, please send me the following information: your contact information, title, name of your university and your experience in the industry.

The panel meets from 2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 8.
Panel participants will joinacademics from other journalism and masscommunication programs to talk aboutthe challenges and opportunities that come with making the transition to highereducation.

Session II: What does it take to make the transition work?
Thetransition to the academy isn’t always easy.  What has worked and what hasn’t?  Here representatives from programs andprofessors of color who have made the switch with varying results share theirideas and stories.

Models and Needs (2:45 to 4 p.m.)
                  Moderator: Indira Somani
                  Panelists:

Please let me know as soon as possible, so we can submit the panel participants to be in the program.
Sincerely,
Indira

Indira S. Somani, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Journalism and Mass Communications
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
Phone: 540-458-8431
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Personal Email: [log in to unmask] (preferred)
Mobile phone: 202-441-0606