From: Dean, Lori [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:47 AM
To: Whitehead, Shona R. (HSC)
Subject: FW: Reminder: Webinar tomorrow July 18, 12:00 noon EDT: Medicaid and CHIP - Funding, Service Delivery, and Quality

From: Catalyst Center [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:41 AM
To: Dean, Lori

Upcoming Webinar: Medicaid and CHIP-
Funding, Service Delivery, and Quality

Catalyst Center Logo

July 17, 2012

Dear Lori,

In case you haven't already registered, we'd like to remind you to reserve your spot for Wednesday's webinar, the fourth in our series of five webinars about our newly released Medicaid/CHIP tutorial, Public Insurance Programs and Children with Special Health Care Needs: A Tutorial on the Basics of Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

Sincerely,

The Catalyst Center Team

Webinar: July 18, 12:00 noon--Medicaid/CHIP funding, services, quality.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

12:00 noon  - 1:00 p.m. EDT

Medicaid and the state Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP) account for over 15% of total U.S. health care spending.  In fiscal year 2010, Medicaid spending nationally amounted to over $405 billion, while CHIP spending amounted to over $11 billion.  Medicaid usually consumes the largest or second-largest share of state budgets.

Where does the money for these programs come from and how is it spent? What role does quality measurement and improvement play in ensuring that children and youth with special health care needs enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP receive high-quality services at a reasonable cost?  Participants in this webinar will learn the answers to these questions and more, including information about resources for more state-specific information.

Featured Speakers:

  • Sara Bachman, Director of Research, Catalyst Center, Boston University School of Social Work
  • Meg Comeau, Project Director, Catalyst Center, Boston University School of Public Health
  • Gina Rogers, Project Director, Massachusetts Child Health Quality Coalition
  • Moderator: Beth Dworetzky, Assistant Director, Catalyst Center, Boston University School of Public Health

The webinar is free to attend.  Space is limited--please register to participate.
Register now.
Can't join us?  The webinar will be recorded and available for later viewing.
(View past webinars from our Medicaid/CHIP Webinar Tutorial Series page.)

Medicaid Tutorial CoverPage

Visit the Medicaid/CHIP Tutorial Webinar Series page for information on upcoming webinars.

We look forward to your participation!

The Catalyst Center is a national center dedicated to working with states and stakeholder groups on improving health care insurance and financing for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN). For more information, please visit us at www.catalystctr.org or contact Meg Comeau, Program Director, at [log in to unmask].

The Catalyst Center is funded under cooperative agreement #U41MC13618 from the Division of Services for Children with Special Health Needs, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Lynda Honberg, MHSA, MCHB/HRSA Project Officer.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |

Catalyst Center | Health and Disability Working Group | Boston University School of Public Health | 715 Albany Street | Boston | MA | 02118-2526

confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply