Baylor University Journalism, Public Relations and New Media
POSITION: Assistant Professor
QUALIFICATIONS: The Journalism, Public Relations and New Media Department seeks a dynamic scholar to fill this position beginning Fall, 2013. Candidates should hold the Ph.D. or other terminal degree and have recent professional experience in public relations or advertising, including multimedia, integrated marketing communications and social media.  The Department of Journalism, Public Relations & New Media is accredited through ACEJMC.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidates for tenure-track position must have a defined research agenda or promise of substantial research, be willing to mentor graduate students and teach both conceptual and skills-based courses in public relations and advertising.
RANK AND SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:  Applications will be reviewed beginning 10/22/2012 and will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by 12/10/2012.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE:  Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, and transcripts.  Include names, addresses, and phone numbers of three individuals from whom you have requested letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Mia Moody-Ramirez, Search Committee Chair
Baylor University
One Bear Place # 97353
Waco, Texas  76798-7353
254-710-7247

Materials may be submitted electronically to: [log in to unmask]

Baylor is a Baptist university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, Baylor encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.

Mia Moody-Ramirez, Ph.D.
Department of Journalism, Public Relations & New Media
Baylor University
One Bear Place #97353
Waco, Texas 76798-7353
Telephone 254-710-7247