fyi
------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	special issue of Glocal Times and Nordicom Review now online
Date: 	Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:49:03 +0200
From: 	Florencia Enghel <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	Florencia Enghel <[log in to unmask]>

dear contributors,

I am pleased to report that the special issue is now online, and
Nordicom Review expects the printed version to be ready tomorrow -you
will be receiving a copy in the mail as soon as possible.

Ulla Carlsson will be sending out Nordicom Review's customary e-mail
alert to the IAMCR and ECREA mailing lists shortly, and I have
circulated the information below (& attached) to The Communication
Initiative Network, C4D Network, Pelican Initiative (Platform for
Evidence-based Learning & Communication for Social Change) and Orecomm
Network.
you are most welcome to circulate the information further as you see fit.

thanks once again for your unfailing collaboration and patience
throughout the process.

Flor Enghel

----------

/Glocal Times/, the communication for development web-magazine published
by Malmö University’s Master program in Communication for Development,
and /Nordicom Review/, the refereed media and communication academic
journal published by Gothenburg University, both based in Sweden, have
just released their collaborative special issue “Communication, media
and development: problems and perspectives”, co-edited by Florencia
Enghel (Karlstad University, Sweden) and Karin Wilkins (University of
Texas at Austin, US).

The special issue is available online at
http://ojs.ub.gu.se/ojs/index.php/gt (Glocal Times) and
http://www.nordicom.gu.se/?portal=publ&main=info_publ2.php&ex=362&me=2
(Nordicom Review).

While the outstanding contents ofthe special issue on both websites are
the same, the /Glocal Times/ version includes a dedicated article by
Karin Wilkins not included in /Nordicom Review/, and the /Nordicom
Review/ version includes an introductory article discussing the
motivation for the collection not included in /Glocal Times/.

With this special issue, /Glocal Times/ initiates a transition from
web-magazine to open journal.

We will be grateful if you can circulate this information to your networks.

For inquiries about /Glocal Times/, contact Oscar Hemer at

For inquiries about Nordicom Review, contact Ulla Carlsson at

September 26, 2012