Hi friends

My friend at Westminster asked for our help on their search for a Mass Comm Generalist who is engaged in diversity issues. We are looking for the best way to reach underrepresented candidates, both grad students and junior faculty, so she asked me to send this to our list serv.  If you could, would you pass this along!  Thanks!!

Westminster College seeks a mass communication generalist for a full-time faculty position in its undergraduate and graduate communication programs. In a letter of application, applicants should address their ability to teach writing across the communication curriculum. Candidates should review the undergraduate curriculum and reference specific classes they would be interested in teaching. Candidates should also submit one assignment they have developed for a mass communication class that represents their teaching philosophy. We seek a candidate committed to excellence in teaching who envisions her or his faculty role as that of a learning guide, facilitator, and mentor. Ph.D. or Ed.D. and teaching experience are required. Practical experience in a communication field and experience working with community organizations are desirable. Westminster is committed to enhancing student learning related to diversity and global issues. Candidates with experiences, skills, and potential to provide mentoring support to historically minoritized students (students of color, LGBT students, students with disabilities, first-generation college students) and to help develop Westminster’s curricular and co-curricular offerings in these areas are strongly encouraged to apply.

For a complete job posting including application instructions, please see our online job board athttps://jobs.westminstercollege.edu.