Hello to everyone on the "Design Learning" listserv!

Below is a notice that I am sending out to various groups, including you, about my online short-course (8 weeks) on course design.
      Thought it might be helpful for everyone here to know about it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Greetings!  Do you…

Want to see your faculty take their teaching to the next level??

Or

Want to “gear yourself up” to offer a workshop on “Course Design”??

Here is a way you can do just that!

During the past two years, I have put together an online short course that enables faculty members – in any institution, in any country – to intentionally design significant learning into their courses.  When they design their courses in a learning-centered way, it leads to greater student engagement and much better student learning!

Faculty who have taken this course have made the following comments about it:

 “As the Nike ad says: ‘just do it’.  It will change your perspective about course development, management and assessment in ways you would never dream of.”

 “Though I had dealt with the basics of ICD [Integrated Course Design] prior to taking the course, this course really solidified my understanding of ICD and particularly how it is implemented in terms of scheduling units and work in classes.”

“I strongly recommend the course, particularly because the feedback from the teacher and others in the course is so valuable in the design process.”

You can find more information about this online course at:  www.deefinkandassociates.com/index.php/onlinecourse/

Note:

·         Next Two Starting Dates:

Ø  Early January 2013

Ø  Early June 2013

Let me know if you have any questions.

       We would love to work with some of your faculty on learning-centered course design!

***********************
L. Dee Fink
234 Foreman Ave.
Norman, OK  73069
Phone/FAX:  405-364-6464
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Websites:
        www.designlearning.org   [multiple resources on course design]
        www.deefinkandassociates.com   [offer workshops & online courses]
        www.finkconsulting.info  [Fink's consulting activities & publications]

**Former President of the POD Network in Higher Education (2004-2005)
**Author of: Creating Significant Learning Experiences (2003, Jossey-Bass)
**National Project Director:  Teaching & Curriculum Improvement (TCI) Project
**Senior Associate, Dee Fink & Associates Consulting Services