FYI, folks!

DC

________________________________
From: Murphy, Timothy S.
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 2:58 PM
To: Chester, Deborah A.
Subject: new course for spring 2012

Dear Professor Chester,

I'm a professor in the English Department, and I'm writing to ask a favor of you. I'm offering a new course for the first time next semester, and it's not enrolling like it should, so I'm hoping you might be able to help me promote it among your writing students. The course is English 3213, Beyond the Fields We Know: A Survey of Fantasy Fiction, and a former Professional Writing student who was also my staff assistant for several years, Jen Elsner, recommended that I contact you about it because of your own teaching in SF/fantasy. I've attached a mini-poster that includes a description of the readings, in case you are able to spread the word; the course will also include a parallel program of classic fantasy film screenings.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, and please encourage interested students to contact me if they have any questions. My email address is on the poster.

best,

Tim Murphy

English