From: Blair, Rosalynn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:05 PM
Subject: 19th Annual Metabolic Camp at Emory University

Dear Ms. Williamson and Ms. Whitehead:

Registration has begun for the Annual Metabolic Camp at Emory University, offered by Southeast NBS & Genetics Collaborative (SERC) on June 24-29, 2013 for young women with PKU and MSUD.  Attached is the camp brochure, containing program details and registration form. Our main goal with the camp is to house learning, education, and research in a fun-filled caring environment where women can gather to share their respective experiences and have a great time bonding and forging friendships.  The camp strives to be a normal camp experience in every way, with the exception that particular focus is given to educational and research activities that will enhance their ability to manage their disorder throughout their lives and during exceptional times including pregnancy.
Please forward this on to clinicians, clinics, and consumers in your region that may have affected individuals who would be interested in attending.  We strongly encourage attendance of women from age 12 to adulthood, as we feel that the perspectives and experiences shared are invaluable to all and foster a broader understanding issues confronting women at every age and an environment of acceptance and tolerance.

For those individuals with financial constraints, we offer some small scholarship opportunities that they can pursue to make their attendance possible.  However, it should be noted that we would like applications to be returned to us by March 8, 2013.

Additionally, if you are able to provide financial support to campers from your region, we are willing to match that support from our scholarship fund.  For instance if you provide travel funding, we will cover the cost of food, lodging and educational activities.  We would like to accommodate as many women as possible and will work with you to make that happen.

We know that we are all striving to provide improved care and access to care for individuals with heritable disorders.  We believe that this activity is a fun and exciting way of reaching out and empowering affected women with a tangible and lasting impact.  We certainly look forward to interacting with the women each year as it shows us the impact of our hard work and perseverance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Rosalynn Borlaza Blair (Camp Coordinator) at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Sincerely,
Rani H. Singh, PhD, RD
Director, Annual Metabolic Camp at Emory University
PI, Southeast NBS & Genetics Collaborative (SERC)
Rosalynn Borlaza Blair, MA
Program Coordinator, Annual Metabolic Camp at Emory University

prohibited.