Dear Colleagues,

I am forwarding the message below to you in hopes you will share it widely with African American individuals you know and, if appropriate, consider participating in this research yourself.  One of our Howard doctoral students, Crystal Adkisson (on whose committee I serve), is conducting the research, and its findings could have national policy and service-delivery implications.  We hope for broad participation nationally.

Thanks so much for your assistance with this research.

Carolyn Byerly, Ph.D.
Professor, Howard University

Good afternoon,

I hope this email finds you well. I am currently conducting survey research for my dissertation titled: Crisis Communication 2.0: African Americans use of social media in weather-related crisis situations. I have included a link to my Survey Monkey questionnaire below and it is my hope that you would complete the survey and also forward to students and your networks.

The survey should take about 8-10 minutes to complete. All information received will be kept confidential and no personal identifiers will be assigned to each questionnaire. Please feel free to forward this link widely and ask that it be completed by Friday, February 15th, if possible. If there are any questions, please contact me by email or cell phone.

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Link to questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FYXBZ7X

All the best,
--