From: Eduardo Olid [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 16:01
To: Lauer, A Robert
Subject: Call for papers for 60th RSA Meeting in NYC

Estimado Robert,

Le estariamos muy agradecidos si pudiera por favor compartir esta convocatoria  en su lista.

Muchísimas gracias de antemano.
Eduardo Olid Guerrero
Muhlenberg College

We are organizing a panel for the 60th Annual RSA Meeting in New York Hilton Midtown, 27–29 March 2014 entitled: The image of Elizabeth I in Early Modern Spain.
Here is the Call for Papers for anyone interested:
Queen Elizabeth I was a celebrated cult figure in 16th century England. In Spain, however, her iconic presence was portrayed quite differently due to the tense relations of the two countries. This strained and fearful relationship between England and Spain began in 1584 with the prosecutions of Catholics in England and the Spanish defeat of the “Invincible” Armada. A limited Spanish corpus dedicated to this prominent political figure exists, in which authors such as Miguel de Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Pedro de Ribadeneira, Luis de Góngora, Antonio Coello or Bances Cándamo characterized the Virgin Queen from contradictory perspectives and analyzed and imagined her physical appearance, her private life, her personality and her rule. This panel seeks to explore the fictionalized, historical and visual representations of Elizabeth I and their impact on the Spanish collective imagination. Please send 150 words abstracts in English by June 5, 2013 to Eduardo Olid [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Esther Fernández [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405-325-5845 (office); 405-325-6181 (dept.); Fax: 405-325-0103 (dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
< Vita<http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/A-Robert.R.Lauer-1/vita.html> / Ibérica<http://www.peterlang.com/Index.cfm?vSiteName=SearchSeriesResult.cfm&vLang=D&iHerausgeber=&iTitel=I&iStichwort=&iISSN=&vSeriesID=IBERICA> / BCom<http://www.comediantes.org/> / ACal<http://www.unav.es/griso/docs/publicaciones/Acal/principal.html> / Anagnórisis<http://www.anagnorisis.es/> / Estudios<http://www.estudios.uni.wroc.pl/> Hispánicos<http://www.estudios.uni.wroc.pl/> / AsocCervantistas<http://hispanismo.cervantes.es/asociaciones_ficha.asp?DOCN=4> <http://hispanismo.cervantes.es/asociaciones_ficha.asp?DOCN=4> / ColCervantes<http://www.ou.edu/cervantes/coloquiocervantes.html> / ColTeatro<http://www.ou.edu/teatro/coloquioteatro.html> / Intute<http://www.intute.ac.uk/cgi-bin/fullrecord.pl?handle=20091112-13174791> >