We invite you to come discover the vision and excitement at Baylor University as we seek to fill the following positions in the College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Journalism, Public Relations and New Media.

Tracking ID#: F009484

POSITION: Lecturer

QUALIFICATIONS: Seeking a colleague to join our faculty at the rank of Lecturer. This non-tenure track position will begin in August 2014 and requires a Master's degree and a minimum of three to five years of relevant professional media experience. Experience with creating and managing social and mobile media strategies and workflows is preferred. In addition, a Ph.D. is preferred (at time of appointment) in advertising, public relations, journalism, communication, or a relevant field. The ideal candidate will have previous teaching experience at the university-equivalent level; knowledge of multiple software packages (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere) for creating interactive, digital content; and possess curiosity about and comfort with digital tools and trends. A knowledge of coding for HTML5, CSS3 and other languages, along with a variety of content management systems, is needed.

RESPONSIBILITIES: Courses may include the areas of online writing and editing, design, photography and videography.
RANK AND SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed beginning September 15, 2013 and will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted byNovember 1, 2013.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE: : Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, and transcripts. Include names, addresses, and phone numbers of three individuals from whom you have requested letters of recommendation to:

Dr. Mia Moody-Ramirez, Search Committee Chair
Department of Journalism, Public Relations and New Media
Baylor University
One Bear Place #97353
Waco, TX 76798-7353
Materials may be submitted electronically to: [log in to unmask]

Tracking ID#: F009485

POSITION: The Fred Hartman Distinguished Professor of Journalism. This chair will hold a three-year appointment.

QUALIFICATIONS: We seek an accomplished professional or scholar in the related fields of journalism. The successful candidate will have an impressive array of publications and accomplishments as a writer and communicator in the areas of print or broadcast, public relations, advertising, or new media. He or she will possess the ability to communicate in a dynamic classroom setting and will be knowledgeable in the trends facing the profession. A Ph.D. or other terminal degree is a bonus, but not required.

RESPONSIBILITIES: The Hartman Professor will work to extend the visionary legacy of Fred Hartman by sharing his commitments to the news industry, entrepreneurship and social justice.
We are seeking a candidate who can inspire students in the classroom with insightful teaching and motivational lectures and projects. The Hartman Professor will teach classes based on scholastic background. The successful candidate will engage our alumni base into enthusiastic participation in advisory council, donor and employment opportunities to enhance an already-established national reputation, and elevate the visibility of the Journalism, Public Relations and New Media department through professional and/or academic meetings and personal contact.

RANK AND SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed beginning September 15, 2013 and will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted byNovember 1, 2013.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE: : Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, and transcripts. Include names, addresses, and phone numbers of three individuals from whom you have requested letters of recommendation to:

Dr. Doug Ferdon, Search Committee Chair
Department of Journalism, Public Relations and New Media
Baylor University
One Bear Place #97353
Waco, TX 76798-7353
Materials may be submitted electronically to: [log in to unmask]

Mia Moody-Ramirez, Ph.D.
Department of Journalism, Public Relations & New Media
Baylor University
One Bear Place #97353
Waco, Texas 76798-7353
Telephone 254-710-7247