From: Frances Ward-Johnson
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 11:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Important Call: MAC Panel Proposals for the 2014 AEJMC Convention in Montreal

Call for MAC Panel Proposals

2014 AEJMC Convention in Montreal, Canada

 Dear MACers:

I hope you had a great Labor Day!

It is time to propose your panel ideas for the 2014 AEJMC Convention in Montreal. We welcome great ideas and new topics related to minorities and communication.

Panel proposals should be one-page in length and contain the following information:

(1)    Proposed Panel Title: (Please write it so that it is broad enough that other groups will want    to co-sponsor!)

(2)    Panel Sponsorship: List other AEJMC divisions/interest groups for which this proposal

        might prove relevant.

(3)    Panel Description: Provide a succinct descriptive paragraph of the key issues or

         subject matter to be addressed by the panelists. (See example below.)
(4)    Possible Panelists [about 3]: Indicate individuals who would be appropriate participants for

this panel, including the name, affiliation and contact information for each.  Also, indicate   whether they have been contacted and committed to participate.  If you plan to

         recruit a local professional for the panel, indicate this as well.

(5)    Moderator: This can be you or someone you nominate to moderate the panel.

(6)   Panel Type: (TEACHING, PF&R, or RESEARCH panel)

(7)   Contact Person: Include name, affiliation, e-mail, and phone number for the person proposing the panel.

I have attached more detailed information about the panel proposal process and tips for writing a great panel proposal. Deadline is Oct. 1.

NOTE: Members who propose panels will be notified in December about panels that have been programmed.

Questions? Contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your interest in the Minorities and Communication Division!