This email is posted by Priscilla Griffith on behalf of Karen Martin.  Please respond to Karen off list at [log in to unmask]

I am an OU doctoral student conducting research on students' persuasive writing through the use of a blog and comparing it to the traditional method of writing (paper and pencil). Students will be providing a pre-writing sample on paper and pencil in one week. I am needing someone to score these written samples using both a six traits writing rubric and a Lucy Calkins rubric for opinion writing. At the end of the study, I will also need the post writing samples scored using the same rubrics. I will provide the rubrics and copies of student writing. There will be approximately 36 writing samples to score for pre and another 36 to score for post. I will need the scoring to be done quickly as it will determine participant interviews based on scores. Should you choose to score my writing samples, compensation for your time and expertise can be discussed when we make contact with each other.

Karen Martin
Priscilla L. Griffith, Ph.D.
Professor and Ruth G. Hardman Chair in Education
Director of the Oklahoma Writing Project
Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education
University of Oklahoma
338 Cate Center Drive, Room 190
Norman, OK 73019
TEL 405-325-3534/CELL 405-496-1111/FAX 405-325-7841