As Federico (Estimado) requested regarding the "minorities" and the media campaign that is asking First Lady Michelle Obama NOT to appear on The Biggest Loser that only reinforces weight-based (and thus race-based) bullying and instead work with the professionals fighting weight stigma in the media and our culture. Here are some resources.  Please share widely with your students and others who are potentially interested:

Here's the petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/first-lady-michelle-obama-please-do-not-appear-on-the-biggest-loser-and-instead-engage-with-the-advocacy-communities-specializing-in-weight-stigma

An article about why it is so harmful for Mrs.Obama to appear on the proogram.

http://www.shakesville.com/2013/10/michelle-obamas-guest-appearance-on.html

.

 Though the following link is voiced by a white fitness professional, these issues impact African Americans disproportionately.  Please share this will all your fitness (and other contacts).  I hope you'll sign the petition too.

Here is the link to Fitness Professional Rochelle Rice's blog page with the YouTube video.

http://rochellerice.com/2013/10/tell-michelle-obama-not-to-appear-on-the-biggest-loser/

Here's the video I'm in: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixeYQi6IBP8