On behalf of our representatives in the anti-weight based bullying/Keep
Mrs. Obama off *The Biggest Loser* campaign -- Lizabeth Wesely-Casella (
bingebehavior.com) and Chevese Turner (BEDA) and me, I’d like to thank you
all for your support and lighting fast response surrounding the First Lady
and her appearance on the Biggest Loser.  Lizabeth and Chevese had a
meeting at the Whitehouse on 11/12/13 with the director of the Let’s Move!
Campaign as a result of our efforts.  They found out that though we weren’t
be able to prevent the First Lady from appearing on the weight stigma
bonanza *The Biggest Loser is* because the show was filmed months ago and
will be aired as scheduled 11/12/13, the meeting would never have happened
without the campaign and the speed with which supporters moved.   That
said, Lisabeth and Chevese spent a good deal of time with the Director of
the Let’s Move! Campaign discussing the reasons why our community is so
against that TBL appearance and other options that would be more
appropriate to further the Drink More Water! and Let’s Move! messages in
the future.  We got there too late for this season but you can bet that
next season they will make a fully informed decision!

Beyond discussing TBL, Lisabeth and Chevese engaged the staff in a
surprisingly long conversation about weight stigma.  They left feeling
positive about the opportunities ahead for an open and educational dialog
and we look forward to working with the Office of the First Lady providing
weight stigma information, resources and solutions.

Again, thank you for your support and for the work we’ll do together
regarding weight stigma in the future.  Together, we can change the
conversation and stop discrimination!

Warmly,

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
*Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:*
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
*Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.*
*With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent,
strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!*