Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From: Mia Moody <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: AEJMC MIDWINTER CALL
Sent: Fri, Nov 8, 2013 8:57:25 PM

AEJMC MIDWINTER CONFERENCE 2014 February 28 - March 1, 2014 Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication University of Oklahoma General Call for Paper Abstracts and Panel Proposals The AEJMC Midwinter Conference is an annual forum for the presentation of research and debate in areas relevant to the 11 AEJMC groups (divisions, interest groups and commissions) sponsoring the event. The conference provides a platform for presentations and extended discussions in a relaxed setting. The upcoming conference is scheduled for February 28-March 1, 2014 at the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication (University of Oklahoma) in Norman, Oklahoma. Conference participants will be able to enjoy the College’s state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, as well as many winter diversions outside the conference activities, including world-class museums and art galleries. Paper abstract submissions: Authors are invited to submit research paper abstracts of between 600 and 800 words (word count excludes author information and references). Abstracts should give a clear sense of relevant literature, research objectives, methodological approach, stage of research project (conceptual, data gathering, data interpreting), findings and conclusions. Submissions should be made by e-mail to the midwinter chair (from the list below) of the group authors wish to submit to. Note that authors can submit any specific paper abstract to only one participating group – submitting the same paper abstract to several groups will result in disqualification and withdrawal from the review process. Do not submit full papers. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by mid-January 2014. Papers presented at the midwinter conference are also eligible for presentation at the AEJMC national convention in August. Authors are encouraged to use the midwinter conference as an opportunity to get feedback on their research to improve and finalize it for submission to the national conference. Authors of accepted abstracts must submit complete papers (not exceeding 30 pages) to the discussant of their conference session at least two weeks before the midwinter conference. The midwinter chair for the relevant group will send authors the names and contact details of the discussant for their session. At least one author of each accepted paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper. Failure to register by the deadline will result in authors’ names and papers being removed from the program. NO onsite registration will be available. Panel submissions: In addition, the organizers are also inviting panel proposals. These proposals should be sent to the midwinter chair of the particular division or group they wish to present the panel to. Panel submissions should include the panel title, a description of the session’s focus, the issues to be discussed, and a list of panelists (potential and confirmed), including affiliation. Panel proposals should not exceed two double-spaced pages. Submission format: All submissions (for paper abstracts and panels) should include the name(s) of the author(s) or panel organizer(s) on the title page only. The title page should also include the author or lead author’s (or organizer’s) mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address. The title should be on the first page of the text and on running heads on each page of text. Authors should e-mail their abstracts or proposals as attachments (saved with the author’s last name as file name) in a standard word-processing format (preferably Word or RTF) to the relevant midwinter chair. Authors must ensure that they remove any identifying information from their document (with the exception of the title page). Deadline: All submissions should reach the appropriate group’s midwinter chair by noon, December 1, 2013. The University of Oklahoma is located in Norman, 20 miles south of Oklahoma City, with easy access to the Will Rogers World Airport. Details on conference registration, hotel accommodation and airport transportation will be available at http://www.ou.edu/gaylord. For more information, please contact Elanie Steyn, Conference Site Host ([log in to unmask]). AEJMC 2014 Midwinter Chairs by Division/Interest Group/Commission Communication Technology Division Porismita Borah, Washington State University ([log in to unmask]) Commission on the Status of Women Jennifer Vardeman-Winter, University of Houston ([log in to unmask]) Cultural and Critical Studies Division Katie Foss, Middle Tennessee State University ([log in to unmask]) Entertainment Studies Interest Group Jason Zenor, Oswego State University of New York ([log in to unmask]) International Communication Division Jeannine Relly, University of Arizona ([log in to unmask]) Mass Communication & Society Division Jennifer Kowalewski, Georgia Southern University ([log in to unmask]) Media Management and Economics Division Bozena Mierzejewska, University of St. Gallen ([log in to unmask]) Minorities and Communication Division Mia Moody, Baylor University ([log in to unmask]) Participatory Journalism Interest Group (PJIG) Liz Viall, Eastern Illinois University ([log in to unmask]) Religion and Media Interest Group Maccama Ikpah, Rowen University ([log in to unmask]) Visual Communication Division

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android