Dear OURMedia friends and colleagues,

You are invited to take part in an e-dialogue for the ‘making all voices count’ initiative from 20 - 24 January 2014. On 23rd January there is a day of discussions on the theme of voice. It would be great if perspectives and experiences from the OURMedia network could be brought into this dialogue, and really hope you will be able to take part.

The ‘Making All Voices Count’ programme is a global initiative that supports innovation, scaling, and research to deepen existing innovations and help harness new technologies to enable citizen engagement and government responsiveness. You can find out more about the programme at http://www.makingallvoicescount.org/

We will bring a ‘power/knowledge’ perspective to our exploration of the phenomenon of voice. Beginning with scoping of forms, sources, roles and dynamics of voice, we will ask what can be voiced, how, and what is the relationship between the content and the form, particularly in relation to ICTs. We want to criticize idealist ideas of voice as the missing part of accountability, and problematize where and how voice travels and influences.

If you have any specific questions about the dialogue, please contact my colleague Katy Oswald: [log in to unmask] (I would also be happy to hear from anyone).

Please feel free to re-post and forward this email to your contacts.

With best wishes

Jethro

*********************************

Jethro Pettit

Research Fellow

Participation, Power and Social Change Team

Institute of Development Studies

University of Sussex

Brighton, BN1 9RE

United Kingdom

Tel (direct): +44 (0) 1273 915740

Tel: (IDS reception) +44 (0) 1273 606261

Email: [log in to unmask]

The MA Participation, Power and Social Change (MAP) at IDS is a unique 12-month course providing experienced development workers and social activists with the opportunity to critically reflect on their practice and develop their knowledge and skills through a work-based action research project. For more information see the University of Sussex postgraduate prospectus at http://www.ids.ac.uk/go/teaching

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS. Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202 IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee: Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338; VAT No. GB 350 899914