-------- Original message --------
From: vincent martin
Date:02/25/2014 3:26 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: "Lauer, A Robert" ,"Bruce R. Burningham"
Subject: Cervantes news

Dear Robert and Bruce,

I received a very sad phone call this morning from Tom Lathrop's daughter letting me know that he passed away. He was visiting in California and we were scheduled to meet up at the end of the week. Tom was a very dear friend and an excellent colleague during my decade at the University of Delaware (and beyond!). He was a true Renaissance man, and a tremendously chivalrous knight. I already miss him immensely. His website makes me smile:  http://www.udel.edu/fllt/faculty/lathrop/

The Cervantes Society of America will certainly mourn this loss.

With heavy heart,
Vincent Martin