Dear OURMedia list members,

Greetings from Goroka! We are in full swing with the preparations of the OURMedia conference in Papua New Guinea from 21-25 July 2014.

Thank you to those who have submitted abstracts. We are in the process of drafting a program and excited about the various presentation proposals we have received. We will post an update on key presenters and initial topics on the OURMedia website next month.

Please see below important information in regards to abstract submission, registration, travel and visa.

DEADLINE EXTENDED

Please note that the deadline for submissions of abstracts have been extended to 30 April 2014. Those who have submitted abstracts to the mid March Deadline will be notified about their submission this month.

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

Registration for the conference is now open via the OURMedia website (www.ourmedia-network.org). To register, please download and fill in the registration form, and email it to [log in to unmask].

We were able to keep the conference fees low. The conference fee for the week is AUD 150 (approx. US$135 or 100 Euro) for registration before 30 May 2014. The registration fees cover conference pass and kit, meals at the conference and a ticket to the opening of the conference to be held on Sunday evening, 20th of July 2014.

TRAVEL to PNG

You can find information in regards to travel on the OURMedia website (http://www.ourmedia-network.org/?page_id=108)

Please note the following important information:

Many international travel sites (such as Expedia and others) will come up with high prices when typing in Port Moresby as a destination. It is much cheaper to book the flight to Port Moresby directly via the airlines that fly there (Air Niugini, Qantas or Virgin Blue). Travel websites are used best to get from your city of origin to Sydney or Brisbane, Australia or to Bali, Indonesia. Separate flights need to be purchased from these cities to Port Moresby, and then to Goroka. We are happy to assist and advise on your travel bookings.

ACCOMMODATION

We have listed a number of accommodation options on our website (http://www.ourmedia-network.org/?page_id=108). We advise you to fill out the accommodation and arrival form and the OURMedia organising team will assist you with you accommodation booking.

VISA INFORMATION

Please see the OURMedia website (http://www.ourmedia-network.org/?page_id=162) for information on visa. Please note that some passport holders are eligible to obtain a visa on arrival, whereas others will need to apply for a visa in advance. Please email us should you require further information. We can also provide an official invitation letter to the conference if required.

We look forward to seeing you in Goroka!

Verena

—————————————————————
Verena Thomas, PhD
Director, Centre for Social and Creative Media
School of Humanities | University of Goroka
PO BOX 1078 | Goroka EHP 441
Papua New Guinea
P: +675 5311 858
E: [log in to unmask]
W: www.cscm-uog.org

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.