Greetings All,
So after doing all this research and looking forward to designing my class,
we were informed by our department head that courses that are part of the
core (we the community colleges have a transfer agreement with the state
universities regarding these courses) will be moving toward alignment.

So in my case, the people who are going to me teaching Music Appreciation
(MUS 110) will need to agree on 75% of the course so that administrators
can pull data on how well we are meeting the student learning objectives.
 That means we'll be designing this course by committee.  One person in
particular is resisting this process kicking and screaming.  I'm not
enthusiastic about it, but right now we have three full time people
teaching the course.  We're about to add another and a few adjuncts.  It
will never be easier to negotiate this than now.

Advice?  Has anyone dealt with this sort of curriculum alignment?  How do
you preserve maximum flexibility for the instructor while still making sure
that admins can get the metrics they need?

I wish we could hire a consultant to come in and help us hash this out, but
that isn't going to happen.  No budget.
Thanks,
Jean Marie Whaley