Estimados directores de teatro: Espero que se animen a presentar propuestas para el glorioso XL Siglo de Oro International Drama Festival del Chamizal (El Paso, Tejas, EEUU) [18-22 de marzo de 2015]. La fecha límite es el 20 de junio de 2014. Saludos cordiales de A. Robert Lauer.
________________________________
From: Anne Doherty-Stephan [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 16:35
Subject: Call for proposals for XXXX Siglo de Oro Festival March 18-22, 2015; DEADLINE June 20, 2014

Greetings, Directors & Partners

Attached are both the English and Spanish Call for Proposals packets for next year's 40th Annual Siglo de Oro International Drama Festival, March 18-22, 2015 with opening reception on March 17th. Please help spread the word and share these documents with any and all other theater troupes who may be interested. Applicants need to follow all the included instructions and should not wait until notified of selection before registering or updating www.sam.gov<http://www.sam.gov/>; I cannot emphasize this enough, there were troupes that we wanted to contract with for this year's festival, but we couldn't because they weren't registered.

Please note that the deadline for submissions is June 20, 2014.

Also this year, there will be special emphasis on recruiting and contracting at least one performance by troupes from the US and Mexico in support of the mission and purpose of Chamizal National Memorial -- to celebrate and commemorate the peaceful resolution of a 100+-year-long boundary dispute as the Rio Grande continued to move over time. Troupes from other countries will also be considered. We hope to be able to offer one production in English as well, though the majority will be performed in Spanish.

This is the correct email address for the Festival. Please DO NOT USE [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> email address listed at end of Superintendent's letter. Thank you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

We look forward to receiving your proposal.

Anne

Anne Doherty-Stephan
Lead Festival Coordinator
Chief of Interpretation, Education, & the Arts
Chamizal National Memorial
800 S. San Marcial
El Paso, TX  79905