I started a new position June 30th at the Community College of Aurora (See below for details and new contact information).  My personal phone number remains the same.
I am excited about the opportunity to everyday make a difference in the lives of students and those who have direct contact with them.   I count it a blessing to be charged with leading this institution's diversity and inclusion initiatives.  This is, like my UNC position, an inaugural one.  Thanks to my alma mater for allowing me to figure it all out and implement a diversity strategic plan--with the very able assistance of the Equity and Diversity Council-- as charged by Kay Norton--UNC's president.  I am also very appreciative to Kay for providing me with opportunities to develop a new skill set because, as you know, I come from the academic side.  This has been and continues to be an amazing journey.
       While it was difficult  for me to leave UNC--my academic home and home away from home for nearly four decades--it is just as hard to leave Greeley--so many friends that I have known over the years and the new one's that I have made--makes me want to cry.  I do, however, embrace this new opportunity to live in an "urban" area where I won't have to drive more than a hundred miles every weekend to get by hair done--or as my Atlanta kids used to say, "get my hair 'did.' "    I will, for certain, miss my amazing church family at First Congregational United Church of Christ where no matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome.
     This is getting longer than I intended--so suffice it to say, I'll stay in touch with my Greeley/UNC family and please give me a shout out when you're down this way--or just let me know when you want to come--I'd love the visit.
     One more thing--the Four-Pack is copied on this:   I'll meet up with you in Longmont for the ride down to the next Bolder Boulder.

With Love and kindness,

Anita Fleming-Rife, Ph.D.
Director of Diversity,  Inclusion and Training
Community College of Aurora
CentreTech Campus
16000 East Center Tech Parkway
Aurora, CO 80011

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Phone: (303) 360-4733
Fax:       (303) 360-4772

Anita Fleming-Rife

"Kindness is a language the mute can speak and the deaf can hear."

“Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”   Malcolm X