Hello OURmedia people

RMIT University is currently inviting applications for PhD scholarships.

http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=uwpmk8bd4bkbz

I’m encouraging applicants with first class Honours or equivalent
qualifications, who are interested in undertaking *ethnographic research*
on issues around media, communication, voice and listening.

Topics I’d particularly welcome include:

   - ·      Digital media and social change
   - ·      Participation, voice and listening in development (especially
   in India)
   - ·      Domestic and/or sensory ethnographies of media

You would become a member of the Digital Ethnography Research Centre at
RMIT University, home to leading media and digital ethnographers (Heather
Horst, Sarah Pink, John Postill, Larissa Hjorth, Tania Lewis), and a
growing group of postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers.

http://www.rmit.edu.au/research/derc

Applications close 31 October 2014.

Application details:

http://www.rmit.edu.au/research/applying-for-postgraduate-research

Please drop me an email if you would like to find out more

best wishes

Jo

--
Professor Jo Tacchi
Director, Research and Innovation

Building 101 level 2 room 6 City Campus
GPO Box 2476 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
t: +61 3 9925 4993
m: 0410421960

e: [log in to unmask]

CRICOS Provider Code 00122A

Book: Evaluating Communication for Development
<http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/books/details/9780415522595/>: a framework
for social change (2013)

Research Centre: Digital Ethnography Research Centre
<http://www.digital-ethnography.net/>

Research project: Mobilising Media for Sustainable Outcomes
<https://sites.google.com/site/mobilisingmediainthepacific/home>