Dear MACers:

We are only a few hours away from AEJMC’s first National News Engagement Day. This day – Tuesday, Oct. 7 - is the idea of MAC member and outgoing AEJMC president, Dr. Paula Poindexter, designed to change the way young people consume news.

A recent Pew Research Center study found that almost one-third of young adults do not engage with the news at all. This national event is an initial step to creating an informed society that knows how good journalism is made.

As you hold news engagement activities on tomorrow with your students, departments and campuses, please post photos to our MAC Facebook page or tweet on our MAC twitter page. The links are included below:

MAC Division's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/MacAejmc

MAC Division's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007493791711&fref=ts

You can also send photos to our Vice Head and Web Manager, Mas Biswas at [log in to unmask]

so they can be posted to the MAC website​.

Happy News Engagement!

Sincerely,

Frances

Frances Ward-Johnson
Acting Department Chair

School of Communications, Elon University
University Faculty Fellow for Leadership
Head, Minorities and Communication Division, AEJMC