Hello OWP TCs,
Just a reminder from an email I sent a week ago to invite you to a public reading tonight by Canadian poet Stephanie McKenzie from her book Saviours in This Little Space for Now: Poems for Emily Carr and Vincent van Gogh.  See Stephanie's blog at http://stephaniemaymckenzie.com.  She teaches in the English program at Grenfell Campus of Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Stephanie's free public reading will be at 7 p.m., October 14, at Oklahoma City University in the Walker Center for Arts & Sciences, room 151.  A campus map is attached.
Everyone knows about Vincent van Gogh, but Americans are less likely to know about Canadian painter/writer Emily Carr (1871-1945), an icon in Canada.  See Emily Carr's biography and some of her paintings online at the Vancouver Artgallery, https://www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/collection_and_research/emily_carr.html
For samples of Stephanie's poetry, as well as a review of her book, go to http://www.salmonpoetry.com/details.php?ID=290&a=153.  Copies of her book will be available for purchase at the reading.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Terry Phelps, Ph.D.
Professor of English
Oklahoma City University
Oklahoma Writing Project Teacher Consultant