From: Maria Chouza [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 17:48
To: Lauer, A Robert
Subject: Graduate Colloquium

Estimado colega:

Si fuera tan amable, le agradecería que difundiese la siguiente información sobre el coloquio que se celebrará en Central Michigan Univeristy en febrero.

Gracias de antemano y un saludo.

María Chouza-Calo

Central Michigan University

Department of Foreign Languages,

Literatures and Cultures

CALL FOR PAPERS

Perspectives in Hispanic Literature: I Annual Graduate Colloquium

Demasiada cordura puede ser la peor de las locuras, ver la vida como es y no como debería de ser-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote, Part I

In celebration of the 400th anniversary of the second part of Don Quixote, Central Michigan University is hosting a graduate colloquium on Friday, February 27th, 2015. Graduate students are invited to submit their 250-300 word abstract by January 1st, 2015 for consideration.

In honor of Cervantes’ work and his groundbreaking approach to storytelling, our theme is Perspectives in Latin American and Peninsular Literature. We welcome submissions from a variety of areas, including: Transatlantic Studies, Comparative Literature, Visual Culture, Cultural Studies, Early Modern Theatre, Poetry, Prose, Don Quixote, Cervantes, and Linguistics.

Each presentation should last no more than 20 minutes.

The Keynote Speaker will be Dr. Fernando Rodríguez Mansilla of Hobart and William Smith Colleges, who is an associate researcher of GRISO-Grupo de Investigación Siglo de Oro- University of Navarre and Board Member of the Society For Renaissance and Baroque Hispanic Poetry (SRBHP)

Submitting: Please format submissions for a blind review, excluding any personal or institutional references, and email the abstract to [log in to unmask]

Language: We welcome submissions in Spanish and English

Presenters will be notified of their acceptance by January 26th, 2015

Location: Central Michigan University’s Bovee Center at 103 East Preston St., Mt. Pleasant MI 48859

Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Contact: [log in to unmask]

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405-325-5845 (office); 405-325-6181 (dept.); Fax: 405-325-0103 (dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"