Estimados colegas, Encontrarán aquí algunos enlaces informativos y vínculos musicales maravillosos. Saludos cordiales, A. Robert Lauer

From: groverwilkins [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 14:16
To: Lauer, A Robert
Subject: Villa y Corte Quik Read 1 with attachment

 PREVIEW MEADOWS MUSEUM CONCERT  SAT, FEB 7  6:30 PM
    Admission is complimentary.  Reservations strongly suggested.
VILLA y CORTE CITY PERFORMANCE HALL FRI, FEB 13 & SAT, FEB 14 7:30 PM
Do you have Friday and Sat, Feb 13 & 14, on your calendar for the dazzling production Villa y Corte at the City Performance Hall?
Tickets are on sale today by telephone, 214-750-1492, or on our site, OrchestraOfNewSpain.org <http://OrchestraOfNewSpain.org> .

To entice your interest and help you ‘get it’ when in your seat, we will be sending you a weekly QuikRead to put on your phone, pad, or even print. In just two pages you’ll get the essence of the 1. Tonadilla, 2. Francisco de Goya, 3. The Theater de la Cruz and Principe, and 4. The Palace at Aranjez.
No less than today’s Broadway Musical Theater, these two public theaters were a dazzling source of entertainment for the citizens of the teeming 18th century Spanish capital. This was a vocal showpiece of operatic style for the most important stars of the day!
With our own Jendi Tarde, Patrick Gnage, and Anna Frederika Popova, the return to our stage of Mexico’s Eugenia Ramirez, and the introduction of Sergio Cepeda, and Spanish dancer Jaime Puente Exposito, the stage will explode with the tuneful, danced music of downtown Madrid.
Now read on, about the tonadilla.
And watch for next week’s QuikRead on Goya!

Grover Wilkins

For more information or reservations,
214-750-1492, or [log in to unmask]

Address postal inquiries to: