From: Porter, Kay
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:11 AM
Subject: REU Opportunity at MIT and one at MAY CLINIC

Scholars here are two opportunities for a summer internship.

One is for MIT                     Center for Materials Science and Engineering and the Materials Processing Center

One is for MAYO CLINIC   Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship - Mayo Graduate School -  www.mayo.edu

Let Fara and I know if you need help.

I am writing to share the attached flyer about the summer undergraduate research internship program at MIT jointly offered by the Center for Materials Science and Engineering and the Materials Processing Center.   I hope you will bring it to the attention of your students.  We will offer internship positions to ten undergraduates who will work in faculty-led research groups on the MIT campus for nine weeks this summer.  Because research projects  in this program are led by faculty from many different departments at MIT,  undergraduates majoring in a broad range of science and engineering disciplines are welcome.

Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who will enter their junior or senior year of study in the fall of 2015 to be eligible to participate in this program. Women and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.

The application deadline is February 13, 2015. If you or your students have any questions about the program or the application, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Susan Rosevear

Susan Rosevear, Education Officer
Center for Materials Science and Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 13-2082
Cambridge, MA 02139-4301
phone: 617-253-0916
fax:       617-258-6478

To unsubscribe from the OU-LSAMP list, click the following link:
http://lists.ou.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=OU-LSAMP&A=1