Hello all,
Below I've posted the official call for papers for the Minorities and Communication Division. We're all excited for another year of great entries and exciting research.
Also, I still need a few more reviewers for the faculty research division, so if you haven't signed up, I'd really appreciate your help. It looks great on your vita and, more importantly, it helps MAC thrive! Here's the link to sign up as a reviewer:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XTHWJCW
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

Josh

Minorities and Communication Division

The Minorities and Communication Division invites submissions of original research on any topic related to minorities in communication. Submissions employing any generally regarded scholarly method of inquiry are invited. Papers should include appropriate literature reviews, methodology, findings and discussion. Only one paper per primary author will be accepted.

The term "minorities" has been defined to include Latinos, African Americans, Asian Americans, and Native Americans. Therefore, papers examining how these groups present images, news and/or other information about themselves, as well as those examining how issues and/or perspectives related to race/ethnicity and diversity are featured in mainstream or other specialized media, would generally fall into this division's area of interest.
Papers should not be more than 25 pages, excluding references, tables, figures, and other graphics. If it is not historical research, APA reference style is preferred. All papers must be submitted to the AEJMC All-Academic site by the April 1 deadline.

Student and faculty research will go through separate competitions. Students must identify their papers as such ("Student Paper") on the title page of their submission. All sole- or co-authors of these papers must be students; papers co-authored by students and faculty should be submitted to the Faculty Research Paper competition. If these rules are not followed, papers are subject to disqualification.
Also, follow the instruction in the 2015 AEJMC paper competition uniform call.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please carefully check your manuscript for self-identifying information of any kind, including following a particular style guide's directions on matters of self-citation. Please avoid submitting your paper on the deadline day. An early submission will allow you to fully check the submission as they are entered into the system so that, if necessary, a resubmission prior to the deadline is possible.

Awards: The MAC Division offers awards for top three faculty and top three student papers. A certificate along with a check will be awarded to each of the winners.

Questions? Faculty Competition Contact: Josh Grimm, Faculty Research Chair, Louisiana State University. Phone: 225.578.5198. Email: [log in to unmask]; Student Competition Contact: Mia Moody-Ramirez, Student Research Chair, Baylor University. Phone: 254.710.7247. Email: [log in to unmask]